Friday, May 1, 2009

Hyperpreterists and Transmillennialism

You would think we were done or at a standstill wrestling with our four main viewpoints (Historical Premillennial, Pretribulation Dispensational Premillennial, Amillennialism and Postmillennial Part-Preterism), but not so. Here is a view I definitely reject. Red flag it! I heard Roderick Edward on a podcast from Covenant Radio yesterday. Edwards is a former 15-year Hyperpreterist and warms against the movement, as does Dr. Gentry (see resources on this web site). Todd Dennis launched Hyperpreterism on the Internet in the 1990s, although it was started in Ohio in the 1970s. Edwards explains that Hyperreterism puts everything we have been discussing in the past--Christ's second coming, the resurrection and the judgment. It all happened in A.D.70 they say!

Roderick Edwards has also posted the following YouTube Presentation that explains the history of this system. There are several camps in the movement, including an emergent church trend with Virgil Vaduva.


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is great! I haven't read it all becuz I have to get back to the kids but I am really thinking about millenialism and that is why I signed up on the PB board. I am looking forward to reading and learning and discussing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you reading this blog. Do you want to author on it? Let me know and we will arrange that through the PB.

    ReplyDelete

Please be very respectful when you comment. I will try to respond to all comments in a timely manner. All comments are now moderated.