Monday, July 12, 2010

Amazing Grace DVD--First Post

It has explained so many things,
all using the Bible as its foundation.
"Amazing Grace: The History & Theology of Calvinism" DVD starts out with a quote from C.S. Lewis:
The Christian does not think God will have us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.
I viewed this video when it first came out in 2004, all four hours and 17 minutes of it. Since then it has sold over 50,000 copies. It is worth watching again for me, and there is even a study guide. It is, by far, the best introduction to the Reformed faith that is out there in my opinion unless you want to read tons of books. I dare say it has helped the return to Reformed thinking and Reformed churches and on blogs I have read that people have come to Reformed thinking from this DVD.

Originally produced by The Apologetics Group, it can be purchased from NiceneCouncil.com who also put out "The Late Great Planet Church" on the carousel wheel above (and reviewed below on this blog). I cannot do justice to this Amazing Grace DVD here, so you will just have to order it from NiceneCouncil.com. Fortunately, there is a link where you can get an introduction:  http://www.amazinggracedvd.com/ 

As I have time I will blog a little about it this week to wet your appetitie. Six years later it is as new as ever for me and I am getting much more out of it in my search to appreciate my Christian faith and its history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be very respectful when you comment. I will try to respond to all comments in a timely manner. All comments are now moderated.